Here’s what you need to know about pineapple and cucumber juice: how to make it (with blender or juicer) and what it’s good for.
Best of all, the recipe’s very quick.
Where do we start?
- Blender or juicer / juice extractor.
- A knife.
- Large glass or cup.
You need the following:
- 1/2 cup of peeled pineapple (equals about 2 pineapple slices).
- 1/2 large cucumber.
- Optional: if using a blender, 1 cup of water.
Pineapple and cucumber juice – Recipe
The recipe has 3 steps.
- First, rinse the cucumber and cut it in half. On the other hand, cut 2 pineapple slices and peel them with a knife.
- Process everything with a juicer or blender. If making a smoothie, you can add a little water to obtain a more liquid result. Note: to take advantage of the available fiber (and more nutrients), choose the blender. The extractor produces a more liquid and drinkable result, but generates a bagasse (dry residue) that also has nutrients.
- Pour the result into your favorite cup.
What’s pineapple and cucumber juice good for? – Main benefits
With this in mind, regular, moderate consumption of pineapple and cucumber juice may:
- Help reduce inflammation and oxidative stress that cause diseases. Essentially, thanks to its antioxidants, which are responsible for fighting free radicals.
- Help cleanse the colon, detoxify and relieve constipation. Largely because of its fiber and water. Let’s remember that the smoothie has more fiber than the pressed juice (made with a juice extractor), since many nutrients remain in the bagasse. Also, pineapple has an enzyme (bromelain) that may facilitate digestion.
- Work in diets to lose weight. As we said before, both pineapple and cucumber are relatively low in calories. In this sense, they may help satiate hunger without eating too much.
What’s the benefit of drinking pineapple and cucumber juice at night?
It includes a lot of water and is light, so it may help keep the body hydrated during sleep hours and avoid eating too much at dinner. Remember to wait a bit to digest after eating and before bedtime.
Is it safe to drink pineapple and cucumber juice during pregnancy?
However, you should consult with your doctor about this issue and more information on what you can or can’t eat during pregnancy.
Important: excessive consumption of these foods or their juice may cause digestive problems, among others.