Here’s how to make a tasty beet, carrot and orange juice. Also, its benefits and more.
Do you want to try it at home? Next, the step by step recipe.
Where do we start?
- A blender.
- A knife.
- Large glass or cup.
- Vegetable peeler (optional).
You only need 4 ingredients.
- 1 beet.
- 1 medium carrot.
- 1 medium orange.
- 1 cup of water.
Beet, carrot and orange juice – Recipe
The recipe consists of 4 steps:
- First, peel the beet and the carrot with a knife or vegetable peeler. Then, rinse and cut these foods into large pieces.
- Peel, cut and carefully remove the seeds from the orange.
- Blend all ingredients (including water) until smooth.
- Finally, pour the result into a glass or cup.
How many calories does beet, carrot and orange juice contain?
1 serving has about 136.9 kcal. This is composed of:
- 1 beet (82 g): 35.3 kcal.
- 1 medium carrot (60 g): 24.6 kcal.
- 1 orange (154 g): 77 kcal.
What’s beet, carrot and orange juice good for? – Main benefits
Regular and moderate consumption of it may bring several benefits. Here we highlight some of them:
- A single cup of this juice has around 7.37 g of fiber. This represents between 19% and 35% of the recommended daily fiber intake.
- The combination of fiber and water may help those who suffer from constipation, want to cleanse their body or want improve their digestive health.
- Simply put, the fiber, water, antioxidants and other nutrients in the ingredients (such as potassium) may improve blood circulation and help prevent certain diseases.
Is beet, carrot and orange juice useful against anemia?
First of all, the ingredients of this drink include iron, folate and vitamin C. On the other hand, deficiency of these nutrients may lead to anemia (or low hemoglobin levels).
Considering the above, this juice may help prevent these deficiencies. Anyway, if suffering from anemia, it’s important to consult a doctor and follow his instructions.
To see other recipes and information on the subject, visit our section: juices for anemia.
What’s the benefit of beet, carrot and orange juice an empty stomach?
It may stimulate the organs movement to start their daily process of body cleansing and other functions.
On the other hand, its calories provide a dose of energy that may be useful for athletes or those who want to avoid overeating at breakfast time.