Here we explain how to make a delicious orange juice, its benefits and what you should know about it.
Also, you’ll find other juice recipes with this great fruit.
Let’s start with the information!
Where do we start?
- A juicer, blender or citrus squeezer.
- A knife.
- Your favorite cup.
- Vegetable peeler (optional).
- A filter (optional).
Here are the ingredients and quantities:
- To make a smoothie: 1 large orange. For a squeezed / pressed juice: 4 small or 3 medium oranges.
- In case of using a blender, 1 cup of clean water.
Orange Juice – Recipes
There are 3 traditional and easy ways to make this drink.
With juice extractor / juicer
For this way of preparation, we will do the following:
- Peel and cut the 3 or 4 oranges in half.
- Remove the seeds with a knife.
- Press the oranges with a juicer / extractor and serve the drink.
If you choose this method, the process is as follows:
- First, peel and cut 1 large orange into pieces, taking care that no large white parts are visible. Then, remove the seeds with a knife.
- Put the cup of water and the orange in the blender cup, process everything until there are no lumps and serve. You can filter the result to make it more liquid (optional), but remember that the pulp has fiber.
For this method, we will follow these steps.
- Cut the oranges in half with a knife.
- Extract the juice with a citrus squeezer or by hand, always taking care that there are no seeds left in the liquid.
To keep in mind: the major nutritional difference between squeezed / pressed orange juice and the smoothie is their fiber content. The smoothie has more fiber.
Benefits / Properties
Among its main characteristics, this juice may help against anemia, arthritis and circulation and digestive system problems. Also, it may improve eyesight, skin health, boost defenses and help with weight loss. This is largely due to its antioxidants, fiber (in particular, if it is blended), potassium and other nutrients. Best of all, it’s relatively low in calories.
To note: if you’re interested, here’s a list with the main nutrients of the orange.
Anyway, it’s essential to follow a diet designed for you and not to overeat this fruit.
Is it good to drink orange juice on an empty stomach?
That depends on your body and your health goals.
For example, this drink may cause blood sugar spikes in certain people. On the other hand, its consumption may promote the body’s detoxification process.
We use these examples to stress the importance of not generalizing the answer to the question. Diets must be designed for each person. In this sense, we always recommend that you consult a nutritionist and follow suitable habits for your body and health goals.
Finally, in case of feeling sick after consuming oranges, you should consult your health care professional.
To see all our recipes with orange, click here.
You can see more information and juice recipes here.