Here’s what you need to know about celery juice: recipe with blender or juicer, benefits, risks and more.
Where do we start?
- Blender or juice extractor.
- A knife.
- Cup or glass.
- A filter (optional).
- 5 celery sticks.
- If using a blender, a cup of water.
Celery juice – Recipe
This drink can be made in 2 different ways. Here’s how.
For this method, follow the steps below:
- First, remove the bottoms and leaves from the 5 celery sticks with a knife and rinse each one.
- Cut the sticks into pieces that will fit into the blender jar.
- Next, blend it all (including the cup of water) until there’re no lumps. You can then filter the result to obtain a more liquid drink (optional), but remember that bagasse has fiber and more nutrients.
- Finally, serve and enjoy!
With juice extractor (or juicer)
You only have to follow 2 steps.
- To start, remove the bottoms and leaves from the celery with the knife. Then, wash the sticks carefully. Remember that cleaning your vegetables is essential to eliminate microbes and possible dirt.
- When the above is ready, process it all with the juice extractor and serve it in the cup.
Benefits / Properties
Celery juice is loaded with fiber (especially when blended and unfiltered), water and antioxidants, among other nutrients.
In this sense, its consumption may help detoxify the body, reduce high blood sugar and cholesterol levels, improve circulation, skin, eyesight, cleanse the digestive system, relieve constipation and boost defenses.
In addition, its low caloric content may help in diets to lose weight.
Anyway, it’s essential to follow a proper / healthy diet and habits to achieve your health goals.
Celery juice on an empty stomach
This drink may boost your metabolism in the morning with easily absorbed nutrients and a good fiber supply in few calories.
Celery juice risks and final comments
According to experts, celery may cause digestive discomfort or problems in people with hypertension, among other drawbacks. Therefore, we recommend that you check how you feel after consuming it and avoid overeating it.
On the other hand, if you feel discomfort or allergy symptoms after ingesting it, we recommend that you consult a healthcare professional.
To see all our recipes with celery, click here.
If you found this post helpful, you can learn more recipes and information about juices here.