Spinach and apple juice is loaded with benefits and flavor. Here’s how to make it in 4 easy steps and what it’s good for.
Do you want to give it a try? Let’s begin!
Where do we start?
- A blender.
- A knife.
- Your favorite cup.
You need 3 ingredients:
- 1 green or red apple.
- 1 cup or a handful (about 30 g) of spinach.
- 1 cup of water.
Spinach and apple juice – Recipe
The recipe’s very quick to make.
- Start by rinsing the spinach and removing the tips of its stems. You want a clean result.
- Wash the apple, cut it into pieces and remove the core.
- Blend the ingredients (including water) for about 30 seconds or until smooth. If necessary, add a little more water and blend again.
- Finally, serve and enjoy!
What’s spinach and apple juice good for? – Benefits and properties
To begin with, it’s worth highlighting some key points about this drink and its ingredients.
- It’s about 101.5 kcal per cup, which’s relatively little.
- On the other hand, it includes about 5 g of fiber per serving. This equals between 13% and 24% of the recommended daily fiber intake, according to the Mayo Clinic.
- Both apple and spinach contain high percentages of water.
- Also, both ingredients are high in antioxidants / anti-inflammatories and other nutrients (such as potassium).
To note: We use nutritional information from the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
With this in mind, regular and moderate consumption of this juice may:
- Promote bowel movements, relieve constipation, detoxify and improve digestive health. This is largely due to the combination of water and fiber.
- Prevent certain conditions by reducing cell damage. Antioxidants fight free radicals that cause it.
- Improve circulatory health. All of the above nutrients play an essential role in protecting and improving circulation.