Would you like to make carrot and apple juice? The, this is the right place for you.
The recipe won’t take you more than 5 minutes.
Where do we start?
- Blender or juicer / juice extractor.
- Large glass or cup.
- Vegetable peeler (optional).
Next, the ingredients.
- 1 medium carrot.
- 1 green or red apple.
- If you use a blender, 1 cup of water.
Carrot and apple juice – Recipe
This recipe’s very simple.
- Peel the carrot with a knife or vegetable peeler, rinse it and cut it into large pieces.
- Wash and cut the apple to remove its core with the seeds.
- Then, we process the ingredients with a blender or juicer. If using a blender, add 1/2 cup of water for an easy-to-drink result.
- Finally, serve and enjoy!
To note: remember that if you use a juice extractor, you can eat the bagasse (dry residue after pressing) with a salad. This juice residue is loaded with fiber and other nutrients.
What’s carrot and apple juice good for? – Main benefits
There’re some key benefits to mention.
- It has about 119 kcal per cup, which’s relatively little.
- Its high content of fiber (about 6 g per serving) and water may promote bowel movements, fight constipation, cleanse the body and improve digestive health. This may sound good for those looking to have a flat belly. To learn more, visit our post: juices for weight loss.
- On the other hand, carrots and apples include a lot of antioxidants. These substances fight free radicals which produce oxidative stress that may cause certain diseases.
What’s the benefit of carrot and apple juice during pregnancy?
The ingredients in this juice have nutrients (such as fiber and antioxidants) that may be beneficial in pregnancy. However, remember to consult a doctor about the proper diet right from the beginning of pregnancy.
There’s more information in our section: juices for pregnancy.