Looking for DELICIOUS juices for weight loss? Here we show you how to make some of them, how they work and more.
Most of these drinks include significant quantities of FIBER and WATER, among other nutrients. These substances may promote body cleansing help you lose a few pounds.
On the other hand, the ingredients we use have relatively low calories, so they may work weight loss diets.
Before continuing with the recipes, here’re some notes:
- You may want to blend it all and avoid filtering it. By doing so, you’ll be consuming most of the available fiber from each food. However, if your blender can’t process it all or you use a juicer, you can eat the bagasse (the leftover fiber) with a salad or your favorite food.
- Drinks should be consumed as soon as they’re prepared.
- You can start by drinking a juice every morning and see how you feel throughout the days.
- Finally, it’s essential to accompany these drinks with habits to lose weight in a healthy and sustained way. But don’t worry, we’ll talk about that later.
Now let’s go with the recipes!
Where do we start?
Main recipes / preparations
You can alternate the juices so you don’t get bored and obtain different nutrients.
Information on ingredients
There’re two key things to keep in mind about the foods we’ve chosen for these recipes: calories and nutrients.
Many experts say that a caloric deficit is important for weight loss. This means eating fewer calories than you burn every day. In other words, if I eat about 500 calories less than my body needs each day, I should start to lose weight.
To keep in mind: The caloric deficit must be healthy, sufficient and not excessive. The healthiest thing is to achieve changes gradually and steadily.
With this in mind, the above juices are relatively low in calories, so they could be part of an eating plan to achieve a calorie deficit.
Many of the ingredients are high in water, fiber, vitamin C and potassium.
- According to some studies, fiber consumption may help reduce hunger. Also, as we said before, the combination of fiber and water may help cleanse the body and lose a few pounds. To learn more, visit our sections on detox juices and juices for constipation.
- Potassium may help reduce rluid retention and promote weight loss.
- According to research by Carol S. Johnston, from the Department of Nutrition at Arizona State University, people with adequate levels of vitamin C oxidize 30% more fat during a moderate exercise session than those with low levels of this substance.
Main individual properties
Here’s some specific information on each ingredient used above.
Note: We’ve obtained nutritional information from the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
- Pineapple: It has low calories (50 kcal per 100 g), 86% water and nutrients such as potassium and vitamin C.
- Lemon juice: Its high water content (92%), vitamin C and other nutrients may help contribute to a healthy, low-calorie diet.
- Orange: One of our favorite fruits. It has vitamin C, potassium, calcium, low calories and high water content.
- Kiwi: It has 3 grams of fiber every 100 grams, among other substances. As we said before, fiber may help to lose weight. Also, with 58 kcal per 100 g, this is a great low-calorie food.
- Grapefruit: A 12-week study with 91 obese patients (United States) showed a direct relationship between grapefruit consumption before meals and weight loss. We also know that this fruit has 88% water, fiber, vitamin C, other nutrients and only 42 kcal per 100 g.
- Apple: A medium apple (200 g) contains 4.8 g of fiber and 171 g of water. Therefore, based on what we saw earlier, it may help you lose weight.
- Coconut water: It’s low in calories and easy to digest. Also, it has potassium and vitamin C, among other nutrients.
- Papaya: This tropical fruit has 88% water and plenty of fiber, among other nutrients.
- Cucumber: It has a high water content and low calories, so it may work in a diet to lose weight. In addition, according to scientists from the University of Jadavpur (India), it’s a potential antioxidant, lipid-lowering (helps to reduce blood lipids) and antidiabetic.
- Celery: It’s very low in calories (0.56 kcal per 4 g). Also, it includes 96% water and vitamins A, K, C, among other nutrients.
- Kale: Includes calcium, potassium and vitamins C, A, K. It’s also rich in water (90%) and has only 35 kcal per 100 g.
- Broccoli: It’s light, low in calories and rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Spinach: Contains few calories (23 kcal per 100 g) and 91% water. It may help satiate hunger and complement a healthy diet.
- Lettuce: This plant’s very light (14 kcal per 100 g) and nutritious. It may also work for a low-calorie diet.
- Nopal: A cup of this food has only 13.8 kcal and about 2 grams of fiber. Some studies have shown that the fiber in this cactus binds to dietary fat and reduces its absorption.
- Parsley: It’s a natural diuretic, so it may help you lose weight. But you shouldn’t overeat it. Excessive consumption could make you lose too much water and lower your blood pressure or cause dizziness.
Other plants and vegetables
- Ginger: This food was shown to reduce fat in a study with obese rats. Plus, other study suggests that it may reduce hunger.
- Carrot: A medium 60 g carrot provides only 24.6 calories, or less than 2% of the daily intake in a 1,500-calorie diet. Plus, it’s loaded with potassium, fiber, carotene, vitamin A, and other nutrients.
More scientific evidence
Between 1986 and 2010, a study was conducted on 133,468 American men and women to analyze the relationship between changes in intake of specific fruits and vegetables (such as broccoli) and their impact on body weight. The study supports the idea that a diet with sufficient consumption of fruits and vegetables may help prevent weight gain in the long term.
What sweeteners can be used?
If you want sweet juices, you can add a date or a little 100% natural stevia powder (it’s green) to your recipes. These sweeteners are light, but remember to avoid excesses.
Important: Don’t consume too much sugar, as it may lead to weight gain and health problems.
Other foods to include in weight loss juices
However, remember that the diet must be balanced, healthy, with the right number of calories and suitable for your body and goals.
Are these juices effective to lose weight at night?
All the recipes we share above can be enjoyed in the evening. The thing to keep in mind is that they’re not meal replacements, but should work as a strategic part of your diet.
Key tips for fat burning and belly loss
Finally, here’s some key info to keep in mind:
- When it comes to losing weight, there’re certain variables that play an important role (such as metabolism or calories consumed). Therefore, you should follow a custom diet designed by a nutritionist.
- According to studies, exercising regularly may help you lose weight.
- There’s scientific evidence that lack of sleep may increase the risk of obesity. Remember to get enough sleep!
Juices to lose weight: final notes
In case of allergy symptoms or malaise after consuming any of the drinks or ingredients, we recommend that you stop doing so and visit your doctor. Our opinions don’t replace those of a qualified healthcare professional.
If you’re interested, subscribe to receive updates.