There’re several juices to gain weight, but the key to achieve it consists in considering all the essential factors.
It may seem easy to reach the goal by eating only sweets and junk food, but it’s not convenient. That is, we must look for a healthy balance of nutrients.
This means that we can’t look at juices in isolation, but must consider other points that we’ll see later.
Here you’ll find some quick, delicious and effective recipes to gain weight. Also, more tips and what you need to know about the subject.
Where do we start?
Juices to gain weight: Recipes / Preparations
First, it’s important to note a few points:
- Juices aren’t a substitute for meals.
- Before each preparation, wash your hands, utensils and fruits / vegetables.
- Drinks should be drunk as soon as they’re prepared.
- For more liquid smoothies, add ice or some water.
- Before making each recipe, you can soak the seeds, oats, and nuts (as applicable) for 8-12 hours to make them easier to digest. Then, just strain and continue with the recipe.
- Finally, it’s worth mentioning that the number of calories (kcal) in each drink is approximate and may vary depending on the type of milk that’s used. We did the calculations with whole milk.
Finally, to prepare each juice, you only have to process everything until there are no lumps or solids.
That’s it! Here’re the recipes.
How do the ingredients work?
First, it’s key to understand the basics of the topic:
- According to experts, to gain weight there must be a caloric surplus. That is, more calories must be consumed than are burned. For example, if you needed 2000 kcal per day for maintenance and you consumed a total of 2200 kcal, you would’ve a surplus of 200 calories per day.
- It’s also important to do it in a healthy way: This means that the high-calorie diet must include an adequate balance of proteins, carbohydrates and fats (among other nutrients).
- Finally, diet must be combined with habits to achieve your goals: For example, exercise.
The juices above include a significant number of calories, proteins, carbohydrates and fats, among other nutrients. Therefore, they could help in an eating plan to gain weight.
Here is a breakdown of the calories and main nutrients in the ingredients we’ve chosen for the juices, according to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
Swipe to see more columns.
|INGREDIENT||PORTION||CALORIES (kcal)||PROTEINS (g)||FAT (g)||CARBOHYDRATES (g)|
|Whole milk||Cup – 244 g||146||8.0||7.8||11.4|
|Coconut||Tablespoon – 14 g||50||0.5||4.7||2.1|
|Flax||Tablespoon – 9 g||48||1.6||3.8||2.6|
|Chía||Tablespoon – 9 g||48||1.6||3.8||2.6|
|Rice||Cup – 158 g||204||4.2||0.4||44.2|
|Oats||Tablespoon – 10 g||38||1.3||0.7||6.8|
|Dates||Unit – 8 g||23||0.2||0.0||6.0|
|Apple||Unit – 200 g||104||0.5||0.3||27.6|
|Avocado||Unit – 150 g||240||3.0||22.0||12.8|
|Banana||Unit – 126 g||112||1.4||0.4||28.8|
|Mango||Cup – 165 g||99||1.4||0.6||24.7|
|Papaya||Cup – 230 g||99||1.1||0.6||24.9|
|Berries||Cup – 150 g||60||1.0||0.5||14.6|
|Honey||Tablespoon – 20 g||61||0.1||0.0||16.5|
|Walnuts||Unit – 2 g||13||0.3||1.3||0.3|
|Cocoa powder||Tablespoon- 5.4 g||12||1.1||0.7||3.1|
|Peanuts||Cup – 146 g||828||37.7||71.8||23.5|
|Almonds||Unit – 1.2 g||7||0.3||0.6||0.3|
|Dark chocolate||Piece – 17 g||95||0.9||5.5||10.3|
|Pistachios||Unit – 0.7 g||4||0.1||0.3||0.2|
|Cashew nuts||Unit – 1.5 g||9||0.2||0.7||0.5|
So how many calories do I need?
This depends on several factors such as: gender, age, build, height, lifestyle, habits and health status. In general, many experts recommend the following daily intakes to maintain weight:
- Women: 2,000 calories per day.
- Men: 2,500 calories per day.
On this basis, excess intake could lead to weight gain.
You can estimate the specific number of calories you need to gain weight with an online calculator.
When should I drink juices to gain weight and how many can I consume per day?
You can start with a different one each day, in the morning or an hour before training (depending on your digestion speed) and see how you feel over time. Remember that shakes / smoothies should be part of a diet according to your goals.
some experts recommend drinking them during or after meals, as some people lose their appetite if they consume them before.
Are juices also useful to increase muscle mass?
In short, yes, they may help.
But to achieve this, it’s key to keep in mind some points:
- Do adequate and regular physical training: This is essential for muscle hypertrophy (or growth). Strength exercises may help build muscle.
- Eat a proper diet: It should include enough nutrients, so remember not to eat only protein. However, to gain muscle, several experts recommend increasing the regular consumption of these. Anyway, you should consult a nutritionist for a diet suited to your body and goals.
More tips to keep in mind
- Eat 5 or 6 small meals a day instead of 2 large ones: This advice may be useful for those who fill up quickly.
- Follow a healthy / balanced diet: Remember that the important thing isn’t just to gain weight, but to do it in a healthy way. For example, an excess of unhealthy / trans fats (found in desserts, meats, junk food and other foods) may lead to unhealthy cholesterol levels. Ideally, visit a nutritionist and follow a personalized eating plan.
- Exercise: This may help stimulate your appetite and gain weight in the form of muscle.
Juicing to gain weight: Important
If you’ve allergy symptoms or discomfort after consuming any of the drinks or foods in this article, you should stop doing so and visit your doctor.
Our opinions don’t replace those of a qualified healthcare professional.
If you found this useful, you may also like our information about energy smoothies.
Finally, you can subscribe here to receive updates.