Here’s how to make an exquisite, 100% natural and homemade pineapple juice. Also, its main properties and benefits.
Next, we begin with the explanation.
Where do we start?
- A knife.
- Juicer or blender.
- Your favorite cup.
- In case of using a blender, a filter (optional).
- 1 cup of chopped and peeled pineapple (equivalent to approximately 2 medium pineapple slices).
- In case of using a blender, half a cup of water.
Pineapple juice – Recipe
Just follow these 2 easy steps.
- First, cut the 2 pineapple slices, peel them with a knife, rinse them and cut them into large pieces to fit in the blender or juicer jar. Remember to be careful when handling sharp tools!
- Then, process the pineapple with a juicer or blender and serve the result. If you use a blender, add half a cup of water before blending. Also, you can filter the result to make the juice easier to drink.
To note: The pulp that’s generated by juicing pineapple with a juice extractor includes fiber. You can use it in a salad, for example. In any case, if you consume it, we recommend that you do so at the time of preparation of this drink.
What’s pineapple juice good for? – Benefits / Properties
Among its main features, it includes an enzyme (bromelain) that may help treat or prevent some digestive problems.
On the other hand, it’s loaded with water, fiber and antioxidants (such as vitamin C). These nutrients enhance the digestive action (see our section on constipation), may help detoxify the body, improve circulation problems, boost defenses and improve skin and eye health.
Finally, the high percentage of water in pineapple, together with its low calories, make it an option to consider in weight loss diets.
Please note: there’re more pineapple nutrients here.
To see all our recipes with pineapple, click here.