Celery and lemon juice is exquisite and very easy to make. Here’s the recipe and what to know about its main benefits.
Would you like to surprise your loved ones with this juice?
Where do we start?
- A blender.
- A knife.
- Glass or cup.
- Citrus squeezer (optional).
The ingredients are pretty easy to get.
- A handful or 1 cup (about 100 g) of celery sticks with leaves.
- 1 lemon.
- 1 cup of water.
Celery and lemon juice – Recipe
Just follow these 3 steps.
- First, rinse the celery and remove the tips of its stalks. You want a clean result.
- Cut the lemon in half and extract its juice by hand or with the help of a citrus squeezer. Make sure there’re no seeds left in the liquid.
- Gather all the ingredients in the blender jar and process them until smooth. If necessary, add a little more water and blend again.
That’s all! You know how to prepare this drink.
What’s celery and lemon juice good for? – Main benefits
Among its main benefits, we can highlight the following:
- It’s very light. One serving includes about 25 kcal, which may sound great for those looking to lose weight through calorie restriction.
- Both ingredients are rich in antioxidants (several also work as anti-inflammatories). These substances fight free radicals that cause oxidative damage that may lead to some diseases.
- Celery fiber, water and lemon acid may help cleanse the body and improve digestive health.
So, is celery and lemon juice useful for losing weight?
In short, it may contribute to reaching the goal. This is largely because:
- It may promote bowel movements, help satiate hunger and ease bloating.
- It may work in diets to achieve a caloric deficit (consuming fewer calories than the body burns).
To learn more, visit our section: juices to lose weight.
What’s the benefit of drinking celery and lemon juice on an empty stomach?
It may be especially helpful in stimulating organ movement and helping the body begin its daily detoxification process.
Also, it may help to avoid overeating at breakfast.
What’s the benefit of celery and lemon juice at night?
Drinking it before bedtime may help keep the body hydrated during sleep. On the other hand, it may contribute to satisfy hunger and, in this way, avoid ingesting extra calories before resting.
To note: remember to wait a bit before bedtime to finish digesting what you’ve consumed.