Would you like try beet and carrot juice? Then, this is the right place for you.
Here’s the recipe and what you need to know about it.
Where do we start?
- A blender.
- Knife or vegetable peeler.
- Your favorite cup.
You only need the following:
- 1 medium beet.
- 1 medium carrot.
- 1 cup of water.
Beet and carrot juice – Recipe
The recipe consists of only 3 steps:
- Peel the carrot and the beet with a knife or vegetable peeler. Next, rinse each vegetable and cut them into large pieces.
- Then, blend it all (including the water) until smooth. If necessary, add a little more water and blend again until you get the right consistency.
- Serve and enjoy this wonderful drink.
What’s beet and carrot juice good for? – Main benefits
It’s worth noting some possible positive effects of regular and moderate consumption of this drink.
- First, it has about 60 kcal per cup, which’s relatively little. This may sound great for people looking to lose weight through caloric restriction.
- On the other hand, it has plenty of fiber (about 4 g per cup) and water. These nutrients usually favor bowel movements, body cleansing and digestive health.
- Plus, both ingredients are loaded with antioxidants. These substances prevent cells damage that may cause diseases.
Is beet and carrot juice useful for those suffering from anemia?
Carrots and, to a greater extent, beets are vegetables with iron, folate and vitamin C. On the other hand, deficiency of these nutrients may lead to anemia.
With the above in mind, this juice may help to meet these nutritional needs and restore healthy hemoglobin levels. However, you should see your doctor if you suffer from this condition. Remember that it has several causes and treatments.
There’re more recipes and information on juices for anemia here.
What’s the benefit of drinking beet and carrot juice on an empty stomach?
It may help “wake up” or stimulate the body to begin its daily cleansing process. This is largely due to its combination of fiber and water.
On the other hand, it helps to satiate hunger so as not to overeat at breakfast. Let’s remember that this drink only has about 60 kcal per serving.