Lemon juice is one of the most famous out there. Here we’ll tell you how to make it and more about this wonderful drink.
Best of all, it can be prepared without electrical appliances.
Where do we start?
- Citrus squeezer, juicer or blender (optional).
- A glass.
- A spoon (optional).
- A cup (250 ml) of water.
- 1 large lemon or 2 small ones.
Lemon juice – Recipes
First, we must make sure that our hands, the lemon and the knife are clean. Then, we’ve 3 ways to move forward with the recipe.
If you are using a blender, follow these steps:
- Peel the lemon and remove the seeds.
- Blend it with the water for 1 minute and serve.
Note: Remember that this drink will have a little more fiber than the ones below.
In case of making the drink with a citrus squeezer or by hand:
- Cut the lemon in half.
- Extract the juice by pressure, put it in a glass and mix it with the water.
If you use a juicer / juice extractor:
- Peel the lemon, cut it and remove the seeds.
- Process it and add the water.
That’s it! Now you know what it takes to make your own lemon juice at home.
Benefits / Properties
Among its benefits, it’s worth highlighting the following:
- It has a high water content, so it helps keep the body hydrated.
- In addition, it includes a good amount of vitamin C (an antioxidant that may help prevent health problems), among other nutrients.
- Finally, its mixture of acid, water and, to a lesser extent, fiber (remember that the smoothie has more fiber), may help prevent constipation.
What happens if you drink lemon juice on an empty stomach?
Some people choose to have this drink in the morning, on an empty stomach, to get the digestive system moving. This may generate a laxative effect and help prevent episodes of constipation.
If this post helped you, learn more about juicing here.