Here’s how to make beet, carrot and apple juice in minutes. Also, its benefits and some key info.
Where do we start?
Tools / Equipment
- Blender or juicer.
- A knife.
- Your favorite cup.
- Vegetable peeler (optional).
You need these ingredients:
- 1 apple (green or red).
- 1 beetroot.
- 1 medium carrot.
- Optional: if using a blender, 1 cup of water.
Beet, carrot and apple juice – Recipe
The recipe’s very easy:
- Start by rinsing and cutting the apple into pieces to remove the core.
- Peel the beet and the carrot with a knife or vegetable peeler and wash them.
- Process it all with a blender or juice extractor and serve the result. If you’re preparing a smoothie, you can add a little water to obtain a more liquid and easy-to-drink result.
To note: remember that the bagasse (dry residue after pressing) has fiber and more nutrients. You can use it in a salad, for example.
How many calories does beet, carrot and apple juice contain?
It has about 154.5 kcal per cup. Specifically, this is composed of:
- Medium beet (82 g): 35.3 kcal.
- Medium carrot (60 g): 24.6 kcal.
- Medium apple (182 g): 94.6 kcal.
Please note: We use nutritional information from the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
What’s beet, carrot and apple juice good for? – Main benefits
Its ingredients are loaded with fiber, water and antioxidants, among other nutrients. These substances may be useful for:
- Promoting digestive health, body detox and intestinal transit. More info in our sections on fatty liver and constipation.
- Preventing and fighting circulatory diseases.
- Boosting the immune system.
Is beet, carrot and apple juice useful for weight loss?
As we said before, this drink has about 154.5 kcal per serving. This means it may help satiate hunger without overconsuming calories. Anyway, remember that there’re several factors to consider when it comes to losing weight in a healthy way (for example, physical exercise or the diet composition).
On the other hand, the combination of fiber and water may ease bloating and make you lose a few pounds in the bathroom.
To learn more, visit our post on juices to lose weight.
Some risks / drawbacks and warnings
The main thing is to avoid this juice if you’re allergic to any of its ingredients.
On the other hand, beets are high in oxalates. These substances often hinder the digestion / absorption of nutrients and may cause kidney problems (among others) if consumed in high amounts. Also, there’re antibiotics that may enhance the effect of oxalates.
With this in mind, consult your doctor before drinking this juice if you’re prone to kidney stones, suffer from kidney disease or take antibiotics.
Finally, remember not to drink too much of this juice.