Today you’ll learn how to make a refreshing watermelon juice in just a few steps. Also, its properties, benefits and what you need to know.
Do you want to prepare it? It will only take you a few minutes.
Where do we start?
- Blender or juice extractor / juicer.
- A knife.
- Large glass or cup.
- Optional: a strainer or filter.
All we need is:
- 1 cup of chopped watermelon, rind removed.
- In case of using a blender, 1/2 cup of water.
Watermelon juice – Recipe
The process to make this drink is as follows:
- Start by cutting a cup-sized piece of watermelon.
- Then, cut and remove its rind with a knife. Be careful when using sharp tools!
- Continue by cutting the watermelon into smaller pieces to fit into the blender or juice extractor.
- Finally, process everything and serve. If you use a blender, add 1/2 cup of water before processing.
Properties / Benefits
First, this fruit combines low calories (30 kcal per 100 g) and a lot of water (91.4%), including more nutrients. Due to this, watermelon juice may help detoxify the body or be included in weight loss diets.
On the other hand, it has antioxidants such as vitamin C, lycopene and other carotenoids. These substances may reduce inflammation, improve circulation and prevent further problems related to oxidative stress, among their main benefits.
To see all our recipes with watermelon, click here.
Did you find this information useful? You can learn more juice recipes here.