Do you want to know how to make a tasty blackberry juice in minutes? Here’s the easy recipe and what you need to know about this great drink.
- A blender or juicer.
- Cup or large glass.
- Optional: a strainer or filter.
You only need the following:
- 1 cup of blackberries.
- Optional: If you use a blender, 1/2 cup of clean water or your favorite milk.
Blackberry juice – Easy recipe
These’re the 3 simple steps:
- First, rinse the blackberries. You want the result to be as clean as possible.
- Then, process them with a juicer or blender at medium speed for about 15 seconds or until smooth. Optional: If you use a blender, you can filter the juice to obtain a more liquid drink, but remember that the pulp also has nutrients. On the other hand, you can add 1/2 cup of water or milk to try different results.
- Finally, pour the juice into your favorite cup.
What’s blackberry juice good for? – Benefits and properties
Among its main benefits, we can highlight the following:
- Its iron and folate may help prevent low hemoglobin levels. If you’re interested, find more information and juices for anemia here.
- Blackberries include lots of antioxidants (such as vitamin C or various carotenoids), fiber (5.3 g per 100 g) and water (88%), among its main nutrients. Therefore, blackberry juice may be effective in cleansing the body, reducing inflammation, promoting digestive health and improving the circulatory system. Especially if it’s made only with blackberries or including nothing but water.
- Finally, their low calories (43 kcal per 100 g) make blackberries a potential option to include in weight loss diets.
Important note: Blackberry juice with milk has more calories than the one made with water or no liquid at all. On the other hand, it’s key to follow a balanced eating plan that’s right for your body. Remember that overconsumption of blackberries may cause stomach upset and other problems.
To see all our recipes with blackberry, click here.