Spinach, orange and flax / chia seed smoothie may help prevent vision problems.
Would you like to prepare this recipe? Here’s the step by step.
Equipment / Utensils
First, it’s important that you have the following tools ready to use:
- A knife
- A spoon.
- Vegetable peeler (optional).
- A citrus squeezer (optional).
- A cup or glass.
- A handful of spinach.
- 1 orange, peeled and without seeds.
- 1 tablespoon of soaked (optional) chia or flax seeds.
- A cup (250 ml) of water.
Recipe: Spinach, orange and flax / chia seed smoothie
- To begin, put the chosen seeds (chia or flax) in a cup or glass full of water and wait about 8 hours. Although this is optional, it makes your smoothie easier to digest.
- Then, rinse the orange and, especially, the spinach. Remember that green leaves may hide many microbes and dirt.
- Next, peel, cut and remove the seeds from the orange with a knife. Alternatively, you can cut it in half and squeeze it by hand or with a citrus squeezer, always making sure that there’re no seeds left in the liquid.
- When the above is ready, gather all the ingredients in the blender jar and process them for about 40 seconds or until there’re no large lumps.
- Finally, serve and enjoy this exquisite smoothie!