Spinach, cucumber, nopal, celery, apple and chia / flax smoothie has a lot of fiber and few carbohydrates, among other nutrients.
Therefore, it may help in diets to reduce high blood glucose levels.
Do you want to prepare it? Here’s how.
- A knife.
- A glass or cup.
- 1 handful of spinach leaves.
- ½ cucumber.
- 1 peeled nopal leaf.
- 1 stick of celery.
- ½ apple without its core.
- 1 tablespoon of soaked (optional) chia or flax seeds.
- 250 ml (one cup) of water.
Recipe: Spinach, cucumber, nopal, celery, apple and chia / flax smoothie
- To begin, soak the chosen seeds (chia or flax) for about 2 to 8 hours. This will make them easier to digest.
- Then, before preparing the drink, it’s important to wash our hands and rinse the remaining ingredients. Especially spinach and celery.
- Next, cut half the cucumber and peel the nopal. Also, cut the apple in half and remove its core.
- Finally, put all the ingredients in the blender cup and process them until there’re no lumps.
That’s all! Now you know how to make this wonderful recipe.