Wondering how to make 100% natural raspberry juice? Here’s the recipe and what it’s good for.
Where do we start?
Tools / Equipment
- A blender.
- Your favorite cup.
These’re the ingredients and quantities:
- 1 cup of clean raspberries.
- A cup of clean water or milk.
Natural raspberry juice – Recipe
The recipe consists of 3 easy steps:
- First, make sure the raspberries are clean. Even if they look washed, we recommend rinsing them just in case.
- Put the fruits and the cup of milk or water in the blender and process it all for about 30 seconds or until smooth. If necessary, add a little water and blend again.
- Finally, serve and enjoy!
What’s raspberry juice good for? – Benefits / Properties
Among the main benefits of this fruit, it’s worth highlighting the following:
- It may promote digestive health, fight constipation and detoxify the organism. This is largely due to its fiber (6.5 g per 100 g) and water (85.8%). We invite you to learn more in our section on juices for constipation.
- Also, it may prevent circulatory system problems: Thanks to its water, fiber, potassium (151 mg per 100 g) and antioxidants such as vitamin C or anthocyanins (which give it its red color), among others. Visit our post on juices for circulation to learn more.
- It may help those who control their blood sugar. 100 g of raspberries contain only about 11.9 g of carbohydrates. In addition, they include substances (tannins), that block the digestive enzymes needed to break down starch. Because of this, raspberries may reduce the absorbed carbohydrates after eating, which could contribute to lower blood sugar levels.
- Finally, there’re more vitamins and minerals in this fruit. You can see the main nutrients of raspberries here.
To note: If you prepare the recipe with milk instead of water, you’ll be adding fat, calories and more nutrients.
Does raspberry juice work to lose weight?
This fruit has about 52 kcal per 100 g, while milk includes around 60 kcal per 100 g. With this in mind, we can calculate the following approximate values:
- A cup of raspberry juice with water has only 64 kcal.
- The same serving of raspberry juice with milk contains about 210 kcal.
Considering this, if you want to lose weight, you may want to prepare your drink with water. And if you want to gain weight, with milk. In any case, remember to follow a diet that’s right for your body, health and goals.
On the other hand, as we said before, raspberries are high in fiber. Therefore:
- They may help to satiate hunger.
- They contribute to cleanse the organism. That is, they may help you lose some weight in the bathroom.
To see more recipes with raspberries, click here.