Today you’ll learn how to make radish juice in minutes, its benefits, side effects and key information.
This drink has a spicy touch, low calories and lots of antioxidants.
Best of all, it’s very easy to prepare.
Where do we start?
- A blender.
- Cup or large glass.
- A knife.
- Optional: a strainer.
Here’re the ingredients:
- 4 medium radishes.
- 1 cup of water.
Radish juice – Recipe
For the recipe, just do the following:
- Start by cutting off the two ends of the radishes.
- Then, rinse them to remove microbes and possible dirt.
- Put the radishes together with the cup of water in the blender jar and process it all for about 1 minute or until smooth. If necessary, you can strain the result (optional).
That’s all! Now you can serve and enjoy this great drink.
What’s radish juice good for? – Properties / Benefits
Its main benefits include the following key points:
- It’s low in calories. 1 medium radish (4.5 g) includes only 0.72 kcal. Therefore, a cup of juice with 4 units of this root has about 2.9 kcal.
- On the other hand, it contains antioxidants that help detoxify the liver. We invite you to learn more about the subject in our section on juices to cleanse the fatty liver.
- According to some studies, radishes may have antidiabetic effects. Therefore, they could be beneficial for diabetics.
So, does radish juice work to lose weight?
As mentioned above, this juice has only 2.9 kcal. Also, radishes include about 95% water. This means that this drink’s very light and may work in weight loss diets. To learn more, visit our post on juices to lose weight.
In any case, remember not to overconsume this juice and follow a healthy eating plan.
Radish juice on an empty stomach
This drink may be especially useful for activating the organs in the morning without eating too much. Its combination of low calories and high water content makes it easy to digest.
Risks / Drawbacks
Also, according to a study with rats, radish may cause thyroid problems.
To see all our recipes with radish, click here.