Looking for a fiber-packed green juice? If so, the nopal, cucumber, parsley, celery, lemon and flax/chia smoothie may be right for you. Plus, it may help prevent blood sugar spikes.
Next, the recipe step by step.
- A blender.
- A glass.
- Citrus squeezer (optional).
- 1 peeled nopal leaf.
- ½ cucumber.
- A handful of parsley.
- 2 sticks of celery.
- The juice of 1 lemon.
- 1 tablespoon of soaked (optional) flax or chia seeds.
- 1 cup (250 ml) of water.
Recipe: Nopal, cucumber, parsley, celery, lemon and flax/chia smoothie
- First, we’ll put the flax or chia seeds in a cup filled with water.
- Then, we need to cover the cup and wait 2-8 hours for the seeds to soak and become easier to digest.
- Next, we can start preparing the juice, for which we’ll need a clean environment. This includes: hands, utensils, appliances and ingredients. Note: Green leafy vegetables, such as parsley and celery, may have large amounts of bacteria.
- Then, we’re going to peel the nopal leaf, cut the cucumber and squeeze the lemon.
- Finally, we’ll put all the ingredients in the blender and process them until we get the desired consistency.