Cucumber, lemon, mint and chia / flax seed smoothie is one of the lightest green juices. Plus, it can help prevent blood sugar spikes.
The recipe is very simple. Here’s the step-by-step explanation.
- A blender.
- A glass or cup.
- Citrus squeezer (optional).
We need the following:
- 1 clean cucumber.
- The juice of 1 lemon.
- 2 or 3 clean mint leaves.
- 1 tablespoon of soaked (optional) chia or flax seeds.
- 1 cup (250 ml) of water.
Recipe: Cucumber, lemon, mint and chia / flax seed smoothie
- First, put the seeds in a cup full of water, cover and let them soak for about 2 to 8 hours. Although this is optional, it makes the drink more digestible.
- Then, squeeze the lemon and put in the blender jar with the other ingredients.
- Finally, blend everything until it takes the desired consistency. If you want a more liquid drink, just add some water and blend again.
That’s all! Your juice is ready to serve and enjoy.
Note: Remember that this drink and most of the recipes that we share don’t replace meals, but should be a complement to the diet.