Mango juice is very tasty. Here’s how to make it in a few minutes, its benefits and what you need to know.
Do you want to surprise your family with this recipe? Keep reading to learn it.
Where do we start?
- Blender or juicer.
- A knife.
- A large glass or cup.
- Vegetable peeler (optional).
Here’re the ingredients:
- 1 ripe mango.
- In case of using a blender, 1 cup of water .
Mango juice – Recipe
This is the step by step.
- Start by rinsing and peeling the mango with a knife or vegetable peeler. Next, cut the fruit into pieces to remove its solid center. Note: this part of the mango is known as the endocarp and contains the seed.
- Then, process the chopped mango with a juice extractor or blender for 30 seconds or until smooth. If you use a blender, add a cup of water.
Finally, pour the juice into the cup or glass.
What’s mango juice good for? – Properties / Benefits
This fruit is loaded with antioxidants (such as vitamin C and its polyphenols) and a long list of nutrients. In this sense, we can highlight some key benefits of consuming mango juice on a regular basis.
- Its potassium, magnesium and antioxidants may help improve and prevent circulatory problems.
- It has digestive enzymes (amylases) that help break down food molecules for easy absorption. Also, it’s high in water and fiber, which contributes to digestive health.
- Its vitamin A, antioxidants and more nutrients may help boost the immune system and eyesight.
Does mango juice work to lose weight?
Its combination of digestive enzymes, water and fiber may help to digest better, cleanse the body and lose some weight. On the other hand, this fruit has a relatively low amount of calories (60 kcal per 100 g), so it may work in weight loss diets.
Risks / Drawbacks
Despite its many nutrients and benefits, remember not to overeat mango and to follow a balanced diet. Its overconsumption may cause glucose spikes or digestive problems, among others.
To see all our recipes with mango, click here.
You can learn more recipes and information about juices here.