Here you’ll learn how to make a 100% natural coconut juice. Also, what you need to know about its properties, calories and more.
Would you like to surprise your loved ones with this recipe? It’ll only take a few minutes.
Where do we start?
- A blender.
- Your favorite cup.
- If you’ve a whole coconut: Hammer, knife / corkscrew, grater (optional), vegetable peeler (optional) and filter / strainer (optional).
These’re the ingredients and quantities:
- 1/2 cup of shredded / grated coconut.
- 3/4 cup of coconut water.
- Optional: A little milk.
Natural coconut juice – Recipe
For the recipe, just follow these steps:
- If you’ve a whole coconut, carefully make a hole in one of its 3 “eyes” with a knife or corkscrew to extract its water without spilling it. You can use a filter or strainer to avoid shell residues in the liquid. Then, break the fruit with a hammer, take a cup-sized portion, remove the shell and skin (with a knife or vegetable peeler), rinse it and cut the coconut meat into small pieces or grate it. If you’ve bought the coconut water and coconut pulp or shredded coconut, you can skip this step.
- Next, blend the coconut water and the half cup of its meat for about 30 seconds or until smooth. To keep in mind: You can add a little milk (optional) for a thicker result.
- Finally, pour the drink into the cup.
That’s all! Now you can try this recipe at home.
Properties / Benefits – What’s coconut juice good for?
Among its main benefits, we can highlight the following:
- Coconut meat’s high in fiber (9 g per 100 g), so it may promote stool accumulation, bowel movements, body cleansing and digestive health.
- Also, this fruit has a lot of potassium, which’s a key electrolyte for the circulatory system and the body in general.
- In addition, this food’s rich in calories (only pulp has 354 kcal per 100 g), so it may help in diets to gain weight. If you’re interested, find more information on the subject in our post on juices to gain weight.
Important: Coconut meat includes about 33.5% fat, so its excessive consumption may lead to high cholesterol and cardiovascular diseases, among its main problems. Remember not to overeat this fruit and follow a healthy diet.
How many calories does coconut juice have?
If we add the ingredients for 1 serving without milk (approximately 250 ml), this drink has about 176 kcal.
To see all our recipes with coconut, click here.