Do you want to make a natural melon juice in minutes? Here’s how. Also, its benefits and more.
Next, the step by step recipe.
Where do we start?
- A blender or juicer.
- A knife.
- Your favorite cup.
You only need the following:
- Half a small melon or 1 cup of melon chunks.
- If using a blender, 1 cup of water.
Melon juice – Recipe
The recipe steps are as follows:
- Start by cutting the large portion of melon to be used, removing the seeds and peeling it with the knife. Then, cut the melon into small pieces to fit into the blender or juicer.
- Finally, process and serve the result. If you use a blender, remember to add 1 cup of water.
That’s all! Now you know how to make this tasty drink in just a few minutes.
What’s melon juice good for? – Benefits and properties
Its main advantages include the following:
- Both green melon and cantaloupe (orange) are high in potassium. The green one has about 228 mg per 100 g and the cantaloupe 157 mg per 100 g. This nutrient is essential for circulatory system and overall health. You can see more information and juices to increase potassium here.
- On the other hand, melons are loaded with vitamin C. This substance is necessary for the growth and repair of tissues in all parts of the body. Also, it works as an antioxidant and protects the body, among its main functions.
- In addition, this fruit has other antioxidants (such as beta-carotene, found mostly in cantaloupe), water (90%) and fiber (0.8 g per 100 g). These compounds may help cleanse the body, improve circulation and promote digestive health.
Does melon juice work to improve kidney health?
In short, it depends on each body.
For healthy people, this fruit may help cleanse the body. Especially if it’s included in a balanced and healthy diet.
On the other hand, people with kidney problems should follow a proper diet for their organism. In this regard, it’s important that they control the levels of sodium, potassium and phosphorus they consume.
For example, when the kidneys don’t work well, they can’t get rid of excess potassium and it may build up in the blood. For this reason, melons may not be suitable for those on a renal diet.
In any case, people with kidney problems should follow a diet plan designed by a health care professional.
If you’re interested, you can find more information and juices for the kidneys here.
To see all our recipes with melon, click here.