Would you like to make asparagus juice in minutes? Here’s the recipe and its main benefits.
Read on for the easy explanation.
Where do we start?
- A blender.
- Cup or glass.
- A pot or steamer (optional).
- A strainer or filter (optional).
- 5 clean asparagus.
- 1 cup (250 ml) of water.
Asparagus juice – Recipe
This recipe’s very simple.
- First, you need to rinse the asparagus. Especially if you’re going to eat them raw. Note: You can boil or steam them for about 25 minutes to make them easier to digest, but you’ll lose nutrients in the process.
- Next, blend the vegetable together with the cup of water until smooth. Then, if necessary, strain it (optional).
- Pour the result into a large glass or cup and enjoy!
What’s asparagus juice good for? – Benefits and main properties
There’re some key points to highlight.
- Asparagus contains about 93% water and 2.1 g of fiber every 100 g. In this sense, they may help against constipation, promote body detox, improve intestinal transit and boost digestive health. Learn more in our posts on constipation and detox.
- Also, its combination of water, fiber, potassium (about 202 mg per 100 g) and antioxidants / anti-inflammatories (such as beta-carotene and flavonoids) may prevent circulatory system conditions.
- Finally, this vegetable includes only 20 kcal per 100 g, so it’s very light.
You can see the main nutrients in asparagus here.
So, can asparagus juice work to lose weight?
As we just saw, this drink’s quite low in calories, so it may work for reaching a caloric deficit (when you burn more calories than you eat).
Also, its fiber and water may help to satiate hunger and cleanse the body. That is, help to lose some weight in the bathroom in the short term.
In any case, it’s key that you don’t focus your diet on a single food / juice and follow other healthy and appropriate habits to achieve your goals.
For more recipes and information on the subject, visit our post on juices for weight loss.
Want to try another recipe with this great ingredient? See how to make an exquisite pineapple, parsley, cucumber and asparagus juice here.
Finally, remember not to overconsume asparagus. Excessive intake could lead to digestive problems. Also, this food may negatively interact with lithium medications and diuretics.