Here’s how to make tangerine / mandarin juice (squeezed or blended) in minutes. Also, what you need to know about its benefits.
Do you want to try this great recipe? It’s one of our favourites.
Where do we start?
- Your favorite large glass or cup.
- A knife (optional).
- A blender or citrus squeezer (optional).
- Filter or strainer (optional).
We’re going to use the following ingredients:
- 2 large or 3 medium tangerines.
- Optional: 1/2 cup of water or milk.
Squeezed or blended tangerine juice – Recipe
There’re 2 easy ways to make this drink.
- Squeezed: cut the tangerines in half, extract their juice with a citrus squeezer or by hand and serve the result in a cup, making sure there’re no seeds left in the liquid. Optional: you can remove the seeds with a filter or strainer.
- In a blender: peel the tangerines with a knife or your hands, carefully remove the seeds and blend until smooth. With this method you’ll take better advantage of the available fiber.
To keep in mind: You can mix / blend the drink with half a cup of water, to make it more liquid, or milk, to obtain a creamier result.
What’s tangerine juice good for? – Benefits
This fruit and its juice include some positive aspects.
- Its combination of fiber (especially if blended), water (85%), potassium (166 mg per 100 g) and antioxidants (such as vitamin C and beta-carotene, which gives color to the food) may help with stomach cleansing, body detox and circulatory health. To learn more, visit our sections on: circulation, detox and constipation.
- On the other hand, its antioxidants, vitamin A, folate, water and more nutrients may protect the body and boost defenses.
- 1 medium tangerine (88 g) has only about 46.6 kcal, so its juice may work in diets to maintain the caloric deficit and lose weight. Especially if you prepare it with water (or plain) instead of milk. You can learn more in our post about juices to lose weight.
Finally, you can see the main nutrients of tangerines (mandarin oranges) here.
What can tangerine juice do on an empty stomach?
Drinking it in the morning on an empty stomach may help get the organs moving without consuming extra calories and promote body detox (largely due to its high water and fiber). It’s also valid to add here the benefits we’ve just seen above.
To see all our recipes with tangerine, click here.