Strawberry juice is perhaps one of the most delicious and well-known juices. Here you’ll learn: its easy recipe with and without milk, its benefits and more.
Where do we start?
- A cup or large glass.
- A blender.
- Optional: a knife.
The ingredients are:
- 1 cup of strawberries.
- A cup (250 ml) of water or milk.
Recipe: Strawberry juice with or without milk
For the recipe, just do the following:
- First, remove the leaves from the strawberries with your hands or a knife.
- Rinse them with clean water.
- Then, put the strawberries together with the water or milk in the blender jar and process for 1 minute or until smooth.
Finally, serve and enjoy the result.
That’s it! Now you know how to make this great drink.
What’s strawberry juice good for? – Benefits / Properties
Among the main benefits of strawberries, we can highlight the following:
- They’re high in fiber (2 g per 100 g) and water (91%). Regular and moderate consumption of these nutrients may promote stool elimination and digestive health.
- This food’s rich in vitamin C (58.8 mg per 100 g), anthocyanins and more antioxidants. These substances have proved their potential to reduce inflammation, protect the organism and fight against circulatory system problems such as: blood pressure imbalances, low “good cholesterol” (HDL) or high “bad cholesterol” (LDL).
- On the other hand, strawberries are low in calories (32 kcal per 100 g), so they may work in weight loss diets.
- Finally, these fruits also include potassium, folate and other nutrients.
Does strawberry juice with milk make you fat?
Possibly yes. But the answer needs further explanation.
Milk has more calories than water. In this sense, if you’re looking to lose weight, you may prefer to make your strawberry smoothies with water.
However, remember to maintain a good balance of calories and nutrients. Also, it’s key to have healthy habits.
If you want to learn more about this topic, visit our section on juices for weight loss.
To see more recipes with strawberry, click here.