Kale juice has an intense flavor and is loaded with nutrients. Here’s how to make it in a few minutes and what it’s good for.
If you like healthy and easy-to-prepare drinks, this recipe may help you.
Where do we start?
- Juicer or blender.
- Large glass or cup.
- A knife (optional).
- A pot and / or steamer (optional).
- 1 large leaf (or a handful) of kale.
- If you use a blender, a cup of water.
Kale juice – Recipe
The recipe consists of 2 simple steps.
- Remove the kale stem with a knife.
- Then, wash the leaf thoroughly. You would be surprised how much dirt and microbes can be found in green leaves.
- Process the leaf with a juicer and add the water. If using a blender, blend with the cup of water until smooth. Keep in mind: Before processing, you can boil or steam the kale for about 15 minutes to make it easier to digest, but you’ll lose some nutrients in the process.
That’s all! Now you know how to make this great drink.
What’s kale juice good for? – Main properties and benefits
This plant combines low calories (about 7.35 kcal per cup) with key nutrients such as:
- Water: 89.6%.
- Fiber: 0.86 g per cup.
- Potassium: 73 mg per cup.
- Vitamin A: 1010 IU/cup.
- Powerful antioxidants (which neutralize free radicals that harm the body): vitamin C, lutein and beta-carotene, among others.
In this sense, regular and moderate consumption of kale juice may contribute to:
- Improve digestive health and cleanse the body. Mainly, due to its combination of water and fiber. Learn more in our posts on constipation and detox.
- Prevent and improve circulatory system problems. To a large extent, because of its antioxidants, fiber, water and potassium. Learn about it in our sections: cholesterol and circulation.
- Boost defenses. Essentially, due to its antioxidants, vitamin A, water and more substances.
So, does kale juice work to lose weight?
Its low calories may help in diets to achieve a caloric deficit and lose weight.
On the other hand, this drink may promote bowel movements in the short term. That is to say, help you lose a few pounds in the bathroom.
Anyway, don’t overeat this vegetable and aim for healthy results with clear goals. To learn more, visit our post on juices to lose weight.
To see all our recipes with kale, click here.