Here’s how to prepare a delicious soy juice step by step. Also, what it’s good for.
This drink is often known as soy milk and is especially consumed by vegans and others looking for healthy options.
Do you want to make this juice? The result’s worth it.
Where do we start?
- A blender.
- A small pot.
- Container to soak the soybeans.
- A filter.
- A spoon.
- Large cup or glass to serve the juice.
- A strainer.
For one serving, you need the following:
- One and a half tablespoons (about 25 g) of raw yellow soybeans.
- Three and a half cups (just under 1 liter) of water.
- Optional: a pinch of salt and / or sugar.
Soy juice – Recipe
The recipe consists of 6 steps.
- Start by rinsing the soybeans in a strainer to remove possible dirt.
- Put the raw soybeans in a container with 2 cups of water and let them soak for about 12 hours or overnight. This’ll double their size and soften them.
- Massage / pinch the soybeans with your hands to loosen their skins and remove them from the water surface with a spoon. Although this is optional, it facilitates digestion.
- To continue, strain the soybeans and blend them with one and a half cups of clean water until smooth.
- Process the result with a filter and heat the liquid in a pot until it boils. At this point, a white foam will show up on the surface. Lower the heat to the minimum and continue cooking for another 20 minutes while stirring periodically. Here you can add a pinch of salt and / or sugar to taste.
- Finally, turn off the heat, let the liquid cool and serve the result in your cup.
That’s all! Now you can surprise your loved ones with this great drink.
Important: according to specialists, soaking and cooking this legume is key to reduce its antinutrients (substances that hinder the absorption of vitamins and minerals) and make it more digestible. Remember not to eat raw soybeans.
What’s soy juice good for? – Main benefits
- This drink may lower bad cholesterol (LDL), increase good cholesterol (HDL) and help prevent cardiovascular diseases. This is largely because it’s high in potassium, antioxidants, healthy fats, water and other nutrients. There’re more recipes and information on these health topics in our sections: cholesterol and circulation.
- Additionally, soybeans have compounds (isoflavones) that may reduce menopausal symptoms, such as hot flashes, and improve bone health for those going through this period.
- This food includes good quality protein and all the essential amino acids needed by the body. In this sense, it may be useful for people who follow vegetarian / vegan diets and find it difficult to eat enough of these substances.
How many calories does soy juice contain?
1 cup (250 ml) of this juice without sugar has about 102.5 kcal. It may be useful in diets to lose or gain weight, depending on several factors. To learn more, visit our posts on juices to lose weight and gain weight.